Non Destructive Testing
The terms Nondestructive Examination (NDE), Nondestructive Inspection (NDI), and Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) are also commonly used to describe these techniques. Because
NDT does not permanently alter the physical conditions of the piece being inspected, it is a highly valuable technique that can save both money and time in product assessment, troubleshooting, and research. Some NDT methods include ultrasonic, electromagnetic, radiographic, remote visual inspection, guided waves, magnetic particle, penetrant testing, etc. All these methods have been subject to significant improvements during the last decade, therefore making available more accurate tools in the field of materials examinations.
Advantages of Advanced Ultrasonic (AUT) and other advanced NDT technologies:
- Higher POD, Resolution & Sensitivity.
- Accurate location, characterization, and sizing of defects.
- Reduced inspection times compared to conventional methods.
- Permanent Digital Records. Potential for reduced manpower.
- Greater penetration than conventional radiography (large thickness).
- Root, cap, and mid-wall coverage simultaneously in a one-line scan.
- Flexibility- easily adjustable to varying diameters, thicknesses, and weld configurations.
- Full A-scan raw data with imaging and post processing.
- Excellent replacement for conventional radiography with almost no radiation hazard!
Research & Development
NDT Innovations, Inc. Developments & Competitive Advantages in the Market:
- Development of ultrasonic methods to inspect highly attenuating materials
- Early investment in Phased Array and TOFD technology
- Development and continuous improvement of TOFD of HDPE inspection technology
- Development of Advanced Ultrasonic Inspection Technology for testing welds and materials
- Development of Microwave & Radar Inspection of Giant Tires
- Development of Phased Array Testing of Helicopter bolts with limited access
- Development of Advanced Ultrasonic solutions to inspect Castings
- Development of Advanced Digital Radiography Testing Solutions
- Development of Advanced Electromagnetic Testing Methods
- Development of Ultrasonic Phased Array solutions to inspect Electro-Fusion HDPE fittings and welds
- Development and implementation of advanced testing solutions to inspect piping and welds
- NDT 3D
- Advanced Guided Waves Services
- Advanced NDT Techniques for Material Characterization
- Failure Analysis Studies
- Mechanical and performance Testing Services
- Electronic Microscope WDS, EDS, EBSD, Cathode Luminescence
- Boilers & Pressure Vessels
- Piping (Mining, Petrochemical, Pressure Piping)
- Thermofusion welds
- Electrofusion welds
- Atmospheric Tanks
- Balls Mills and Bar Mills
- Cranes (Overhead / Mobiles)
- Trucks (mining)
- Mining Shovels